2. Stuffy nose is a symptom to look out for with mold exposure.
The reason your nose is stuffy because fresh air isn’t getting into your nose. The air you breathe is filled with mold spores. You’ll notice when you go outside, your nose will become clear. The longer you’re outside, the better you’ll feel. Once you go back into the house your nose will become stuffy again.
You may believe that you have a cold or allergies, especially if you already have allergies. You have an allergy, but it’s from the mold. Even if you have mold outside on your home, your stuffy nose will remain. With a stuffy nose, it will make it difficult to breathe.
It is important to get rid of the mold as soon as possible because it may get so bad that you have to go to the emergency room. You may need to have oxygen for the rest of your life.